Embark on your exciting journey of career exploration today with the Let’s Get Started – UConn Career Prep Checklist and explore all the resources at UConn Career Dev – Graduate Students
Where are you in your career exploration? Stop by Arj 323 or click on the links below to learn how to;
Know Yourself-Self Assessment Tools – wondering what your skills and interests are? Use these tools to find out…and start setting your goals.
Stop by Arj 323 anytime to learn how to use VersatilePhd-career paths pursued by individuals with doctorates or the Self Assessment Tools;
- myIDP – A career exploration and planning tool for the sciences.
- ImaginePHD –A career exploration and planning tool for the humanities and social sciences.
- If you have a foot in science and a foot in social science/humanities then both ImaginePHD and myIDP will work for you
SLAC Career Development Library in Arjona 323 – stop by & take out a book;
- So What Are You Going To Do With That? Finding Careers Outside of Academia
- A PhD is not Enough
- Networking for Nerds
- What Color is Your Parachute ?
- Succeeding Outside the Academy
- Navigating the Path to Industry
- Navigating-Graduate-School-And-Beyond a guide for graduate students and a must read for every advisor
Additional Resource; Pursuing Meaningful Work, A Strategies guide for PhDs and Post