For trainees to remain in good standing (and be eligible for SLAC Fellowships, SLAC+ funding, innovation funding, travel funding, etc.), trainees and their SLAC advisors must meet these requirements.
Active participation for trainees includes
- Attending Talk Shop every semester (or proactively notifying the executive committee via Charlotte Nelson of a valid reason for not being able to attend, if you will miss more than a few weeks)
- Attending J-Term Primers every year (or proactively notifying the executive committee via Charlotte Nelson of a valid reason for not being able to attend)
- Serving on at least one committee each year
- Attending SLAC-supported events (including diversity and work climate sessions)
- Participating in semi-annual trainee check-ins
- Anti-racist discussions/programming
- Attend Talk Shop sessions on diversity (one per semester)
- Attend a J-Term primer workshop on diversity / antiracism
- Attend at least one other event sponsored by the DEI Committee
Active participation for advisors is the same, except that instead of participating in trainee check-ins, faculty are required to attend one annual faculty check-in meeting with representatives from the executive committee.