- Pilot funds to support new research ideas proposed by a team involving SLAC trainees from at least 2 PhD programs (note that divisions in Psychological Sciences have different PhD programs)
- Pilot funds to support new research ideas proposed by a team including at least one SLAC trainee and a faculty member from a different PhD program
- Pilot funds to support new research proposed by a single SLAC trainee
- Funding to organize training not available at UConn by bringing external personnel to UConn, provided it benefits the broader SLAC community
- Funding to travel for training not available at UConn, with higher priority for training that will have benefits to SLAC personnel in addition to the trainee who travels
- Other innovative activities – we cannot anticipate all possibilities; if you have an idea, propose it!
- Conference travel will be funded via IF occasionally, but only when: (1) a compelling rationale for innovative outcomes is provided, and (2) the trainee seeks other funding first and is unable to obtain sufficient funding from sources such as advisors, faculty co-authors, departments, or the graduate school. Highest priority will be given to trainee talks or posters where the trainee is the primary presenter. We typically will not support secondary co-authors or more than one trainee per presentation. ** PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE IF CONDITIONS ON CONFERENCE FUNDING WILL BE RELAXED UNTIL IF SPENDING CATCHES UP TO THE PLANNED BUDGET **
If you have received an award for innovation incentive funding, and you would like to extend the ‘spend by date’, please complete the extension form 90 days before the award end date or you may risk having the funds returned to the innovation incentive funds account.