SLAC trainees who are actively participating in SLAC (see definition of active participation) may request up to $1000 for travel funds for any academic purpose, including attending a meeting, conference, or workshop where you are not presenting. Such trainees may request additional travel funding at any time, but additional requests should include a short email justification / explanation for the travel (e.g., I am requesting additional travel funds to attend _____. I will (OR WILL NOT) be making a presentation. This travel is important for me because _____.). Additional funding requests will be granted on a first-come basis until travel funds for the year are exhausted.
Travel Award Guidelines for Booking Travel & Receiving Reimbursement
REQUIRED READING PRIOR TO BOOKING TRAVEL:
- Travel Reopening for detailed information on travel FAQs
- Federal Sponsored Travel FAQ.pdf
- UConn Travel Policy
- Open Skies Agreement
- Travel Ban to North Carolina and Mississippi
1) Apply for a travel award here
2) Once your travel award has been approved, email email@example.com with details of your travel arrangements including: phone number, preferred travel days/times, airline and frequent flier #
The Program Coordinator will book the airfare based on the details of the travel arrangements that you have shared.
University has negotiated rate agreements with several local hotels.
- The Program Coordinator will book accommodation with these local hotels in Concur/with Anthony Travel. For a list of local hotels please see UConn Travel Rate Agreements.
Hotels without a negotiated rate agreement
- The Program Coordinator can book these local hotels in Concur/with Anthony Travel.
The Program Coordinator will book in Concur/with Anthony Travel for the student
EXPENSE AND REIMBURSEMENT
Reconciling and reimbursement of expenses:
- Any expense incurred out of pocket by the student will need to be reimbursed through a Concur expense report where they will list their out of pocket expenses such as meals or ground transportation. Make sure that you have receipts and justification for each expense.